A successful divorce settlement is the result of putting the pieces of the puzzle together in such a manner that both divorcing parties come out of the divorce whole.
Top 3 Reasons You Need a Certified Divorce Real Estate & Lending Professional
“You need a professional that understands the legal and tax implications of mortgage financing in divorce situations.”
“You need someone that has the knowledge to help divorcing clients understand and evaluate their mortgage options related to cash flow and equity management.”
“You need a professional that can identify support and maintenance issues that can create financing challenges post decree.”
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Divorce Lending & Real Estate Association?
It is a national organization committed to ensuring that divorcing clients are provided with expert advice with their mortgage financing and real estate options in an effort to avoid hurdles. They help identify opportunities as they relate to family and real estate law, tax rules, mortgage financing and real estate during divorce.
What does a Certified Divorce Real Estate & Lending Professional (CDREP) do?
They bring the financial knowledge and expertise of a solid understanding of the connection between Divorce and Family Law, IRS Tax Rules and mortgage financing strategies as they all relate to real estate and divorce.
What are some of the benefits of having a CDREP on your professional divorce team?
The benefits of having a Certified Divorce Real Estate & Lending Professional (CDREP) include:
- They are trained to recognize potential legal and tax implications with regards to mortgage financing in divorce situations.
- They are skilled in specific mortgage guidelines as they pertain to divorcing clients.
- They are able to identify potential concerns with support/maintenance structures that may conflict with mortgage financing opportunities.
- They can guide you on how to avoid potential capital gains concerns with regards to the disposition of marital real estate.
- They can help you implement a strategic divorce settlement agreement ensuring the best opportunities to secure mortgage financing post decree.
- They are able to recommend financing strategies helping divorcing clients identify mortgage financing opportunities for maintaining current marital home while helping to ensure the ability to achieve future financing for departing spouse.
- They are qualified to work with divorce professionals in a collaborative setting.
- They can provide opportunities in restructuring a real estate portfolio to increase available cash flow when needed.
- They maintain a commitment to remaining educated and up to date in the ever changing industry guidelines and tax rules as they pertain to divorce situations.
- They are committed to providing a higher level of service to you and your divorcing clients.